Experienced 2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer
Newhaven, £25,000 to £30,000
Permanent / Full-Time
We are looking for a Technical Support candidate with 2nd Line IT Support experience to join our proactive helpdesk in Newhaven. You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to new technologies and grow your career as the company grows.
We have grown year on year and has a fantastic helpful and friendly culture - you will be surrounded by great people. Everyone has a 'can do' attitude, works hard and we celebrate the successes by having at least 4 staff 'fun' events every year. We also provides a staff lunch every Friday to bring everyone together.
What you'll do
- Be a point of contact for clients with technical queries over the phone and ticketing system.
- Manage multiple tickets at any one time based on priority.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of complex technical issues.
- Occasionally attend client sites when needed to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Resolve all client’s technical issues promptly and effectively striving for a high first time fix rate.
- Keeping clients informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Serve as a technical escalation point for 1st line Engineers.
- Coach and mentor other Engineers.
- Identify recurring incidents to the Team Lead / Service Manager
Who you are
- Strong willingness to constantly learn and develop.
- Creative and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm for technology and helping others.
- Ability to see projects and solutions through to completion.
- Willingness to take the initiative to achieve common goals.
- Be friendly, sociable and be part of a great team culture
What you need
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as 2nd line Engineer in a service desk environment.
- Good technical experience with an analytical approach to diagnostics.
- A good understanding of all Microsoft Windows platforms in particular 7/8/8.1/10.
- Experience with MS Exchange, Office 365 and AD Connect.
- Advanced Exchange / O365 troubleshooting skills using Powershell commands.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and administration of Group Policy.
- Experience supporting and maintaining all versions of Windows Servers including 2012 R2.
- Experience in troubleshooting file share applications i.e. efolder Anchor, Dropbox, Sharepoint.
- Experience of enterprise firewalls i.e. Sonicwall
- Experience of managed switches i.e. Cisco
- Networking knowledge covering LAN/vLAN/WAN technologies.
- Knowledge of WDS/MDT
- Knowledge of Connectwise and Labtech are desirable.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure i.e. Azure, Amazon.
- Knowledge of phone systems i.e. Gamma Horizon, 3CX or other hosted VoIP.