Field Service Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our expanding team based in Newhaven.
Ingenio Technologies has grown year on year and has a fantastic helpful and friendly culture - you will be surrounded by great people. Everyone has a 'can do' attitude, works hard and the company celebrates the successes with regular team activities. The company also provides a staff lunch every Friday to bring everyone together.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Workshop setup of desktops, laptops, printers, wifi access points, mobile phones, Voip phones & tablet computers, switches, NAS devices ready for site deployment
- On-site installation of desktops, laptops, printers, wifi access points, mobile phones, Voip phones & tablet computers, switches, NAS devices and software deployments. Installation of servers and routers setup by infrastructure engineers.
- On-site cat5/6 cabling, Installation of trunking, network cables, patch cabinets, patch panels, drilling holes
- Using ladders and working at heights
- Helpdesk cover for staff holidays and sickness when required
- Responsible for meeting SLA
- Repair of desktops, laptops and printers
- Manage your own schedule of site visits to provide a responsive and high quality service
- Provide client training for basic PC usage, key software and VoIP telephony (training will be given)
- On-site Proactive maintenance for clients (ad-hoc and regular visits)
- Travelling to clients within Sussex, sometimes Surrey and Kent - vehicle will be provided
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- 2 years minimum experience in a similar role
- Full UK driving license
- Experience of Installing structured cabling, trunking, racks, patch panels & patch termination
- Able to use a drill to facilitate cabling, install patch cabinets, mount WiFi APs,
- Customer facing with excellent interpersonal skills
- Supporting Microsoft infrastructure and operating systems
- Experience of Active Directory, Group Policy, Permissions
- Windows desktop and Microsoft Office administration
- Networking - TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Good Understanding of Routers, Firewalls and physical networks
- Office 365 administration
- Microsoft qualifications
- Familiar with remote monitoring tools (Continuum, Labtech, N-able etc)
- Familiar with PSA / ticketing system (Connectwise / AutoTask etc)
- Knowledge of Servers, Dell hardware, hardware based firewalls.
Salary: based on experience, skills and knowledge. You will need to demonstrate your skills as part of the interview process.
Hours: 40 per week