VoIP telephones; the sophisticated telephone system that eventually all businesses will move too.
VoIP telephones don’t look much different from your average business phones, but it’s clear that VoIP is more versatile and dramatically cheaper. With the VoIP telephone market rising and an increasing number of businesses in the south east moving to it, it seems reasonable to consider what it is and how it can help your business.
VoIP stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol, simply meaning it’s a telephone system delivered over the internet. To set up a VoIP telephone, users will plug the phone into an internet router via a cable, rather than a traditional telephone line. Users can then use the phone to its fullest – It’s that simple.
The main difference between VoIP and a traditional phone system revolves around the flexibility and the cost. The upfront costs are significantly lower than that of their traditional rival. Call costs are some of the cheapest around and in many cases calls are free! Especially in the case of calls abroad. Here are other differences between the two phones.
- Traditional calls are made over analogue telephone lines or ISDN
- Can only be used at the office
- Costs to add new features
- Need to purchase and maintain telephone PBX, initial outlay, servers etc.
- When an issue arises, usually an engineer will be required to come on site.
- VoIP calls are made over the internet
- Can be used anywhere in the world with your extension number as long as there is an internet connection
- Doesn’t cost to add new features
- Everything is paid monthly.
- When an issue arises, problems can be fixed remotely.
“Ingenio Technologies has supplied and set up my business’s VoIP telephone system. I am extremely happy with the quality of the calls, the reliability of the system and the cost of the monthly call charges. I am confident in saying Ingenio Technologies are experts of VoIP Telephones.”
– Nilden Ozkan
Never miss a call with a VoIP phone system. Read about the best benefits VoIP has that can grow your company here.